ROOIBOS TEA: HEALTH BENEFITS
Rooibos not only tastes great, it has many health benefits such as:
- Naturally completely caffeine free (unlike black & green teas)
- Contains natural anti-oxidants including aspalathin which combats several diseases
- Has proven cancer-fighting properties in animal research studies
- Preservative free
- Alleviates allergies – asthma, hay fever, eczema
- Replace essential minerals, iron, potassium, zinc & sodium.
- Kilojoule free
- Low in tannin and doesn’t interfere with iron absorption
- Soothing effect on the nervous system & recommended for people suffering from irritability, headaches, disturbed sleeping patterns, insomnia, nervous tension, mild depression or hypertension.
- Excellent for hyperactive children
- Stomach and indigestion problems like nausea, vomiting, heartburn, stomach ulcers and constipation are relieved by drinking black rooibos tea
- Anti-spasmodic, alleviates colic and stomach cramps in babies
- Soothing effect on the skin, relieving itching and certain skin irritations like eczema, nappy rash and acne when directly applied to the affected area