At Carmién Tea, we are focused on following good farming and processing practices, and keep sustainability top of mind in everything we do.
You’ll notice four seals on every pack of tea you purchase. These Goodness seals indicate our promise and commitment to our workers, our customers and our environment.
Flavour Goodness: we ensure a high-quality range of rooibos products with the best flavour & taste.
Social Goodness: +- 683 farm worker shareholders (4000 including family members), are direct beneficiaries of our rooibos sales. For every 100 tons of packed tea we do, we create 10 extra jobs.
Health Goodness: our products are produced according to international food safety regulations. Our aim is to offer a wide variety of healthy rooibos products with functional benefits.
Eco Goodness: we follow environmental & socially just and sustainable farming and processing practices.
As part of our Eco Goodness promise, we’ve taken a few steps towards a greener business:
- All pillow teabags have been replaced with Bioweb, a plastic-free, compostable material and our pyramid teabags are made of PLA compostable material.
- All recyclable outer packaging is now FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certified. This means that for every tree used to provide paper, a new one will be planted.
- Printing inks comply with environmental protection and consist of materials that are derived from renewable raw materials.
- Glues used are non-toxic, non-flammable (wet state) and suitable for indirect food contact.
- We also offer a range of reusable teaware to help minimise the consumption of single-use plastics. Shop these items here.
You can read more about our efforts here.