A guilt-free brownie that will satisfy all sugar cravings. The perfect teatime treat!
- Carmien Natural Rooibos tea bags
- 500 ml Boiling water
- 250 g Cake flour
- 250 g Coconut flour
- 150 g Cacao
- 90 g Bicarbonate of Soda
- 2/3 cup Oil
- 2 tbsp Apple vinegar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 Slab 70% dark chocolate with mint crunch
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 500g Pureed apples
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C. Spray an oven pan with spray ‘n cook.
- Place the tea bags in a jug and add the boiling water. Infuse while mixing the rest of the ingredients
- Sift together the cake flour, coconut flour, cacao and bicarbonate of soda in a large bowl.
- Mix the oil vinegar, vanilla essence, chocolate and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the tea and mix well until the chocolate and sugar are melted.
- Mix in the apple puree.
- Add the liquid mixture to the flour mixture and mix well.
- Pour into the prepared pan. (The mixture is runny).
- Let stand for about 5 minutes to set a bit, then place in the oven.
- Bake for 30—35 minutes or until the crust is slightly cracked and the cake is done, but still moist.
- Let cool in the pan, then cut into squares.