Cold Brew Rooibos Teas
Our flavoured cold brew rooibos tea is a refreshing, well-balanced, sweet-tart blend of Rooibos, granulated flavours with finely cut dried fruit pieces. This results in a quick brew, colourful cup infusion and release of such bold flavours. No sugar is added, only natural Stevia leaf, making the cold brew a much healthier option. To be enjoyed by the whole family. Simply add a teabag or two to your water bottle or travel cup and enjoy it as a refreshing cold drink on the go.
Cold Brew teas are specially developed to be used in cold water. Using cold water instead of hot water extracts more of the flavours, but slower, over time. The result? A smooth, sweeter, cleaner-tasting tea. This is because cold water extracts a different chemical balance from the tea than hot water.
Rooibos Health Benefits
- Rooibos is naturally completely caffeine-free (unlike black & green teas), sugar-free and preservative-free
- It contains natural antioxidants including aspalathin which combats several diseases
- Has proven cancer-fighting properties in animal research studies
- Can help to alleviate allergies and conditions like asthma and hay fever
- Helps to replace essential minerals, iron, potassium, zinc & sodium
- It's low in tannin and doesn’t interfere with iron absorption
- It has a soothing effect on the nervous system & recommended for people suffering from irritability, headaches, disturbed sleeping patterns, insomnia, nervous tension, mild depression or hypertension
- Excellent for hyperactive children, children can drink Rooibos from the age of 6 months old
- Stomach and indigestion problems like nausea, vomiting, heartburn, stomach ulcers and constipation are relieved by drinking black rooibos tea
- It's anti-spasmodic, alleviates colic and stomach cramps in babies
- It has a soothing effect on the skin, relieving itching and certain skin irritations like eczema, nappy rash and acne when directly applied to the affected area
- A unique phenolic compound found only in the Rooibos plant species, called aspalathin, may also help to improve blood glucose levels
Read more about the health benefits of Rooibos tea on the South African Rooibos Council website.
Rooibos is prepared with boiling water and cooled to 60 degrees Celsius for the best flavour. It can also be cooled down completely and served as an iced tea. Red Rooibos has a clear red cup infusion while our Green Rooibos has a light cup infusion.
Cold Brew Rooibos is prepared with cold water and steeped for 10 minutes or more for the best flavour and is a convenient “on-the-go drink”.
For the ultimate Rooibos experience, serve your tea in our teaware, which includes glass teapots and burners, double wall cups, cast iron teapots and travel cups.
Prefer to shop in-store?
You can find a list of our retail outlets and local stockists here. A selection of our Rooibos teas is available in most Dis-Chem, Checkers, Pick n Pay and Spar stores nationwide.