These overnight oats are ideal to have on hand if you are in a hurry and do not have enough time to prepare breakfast. All the ingredients are thrown together and soaked overnight. Carmién Red Mocha rooibos tea with its real coffee bean nibs adds a wonderful coffee-like flavour to the oats while the Carmién Rooibos Powder with collagen & turmeric adds extra goodness. The oats are packed with the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of rooibos which help boost your immune system; the turmeric helps to improve digestion and the cinnamon not only pairs beautifully with the cacao in the recipe but also helps to control blood sugar levels while the hydrolyzed collagen from grass-fed beef adds to your joint and bone health.
OVERNIGHT TIRAMISU OATS
Recipe by Carmen Niehaus.
- Makes about 4 – 5 glasses
- Preparation time: 15 min
- Soaking time: overnight
- 250 ml (1 c) oats
- 15 – 20 ml (3 – 4 t) chia seeds
- 45 ml (3 T) cocoa powder
- 45 – 60 ml (3 – 4 T) brown sugar or sweetener like Erythritol
- 30 ml (2 T) Carmién Rooibos Powder with collagen & turmeric
- 180 ml (¾ c) almond milk
- 125 ml (½ c) strong Carmién Red Mocha rooibos tea, made with 2 – 3 teabags
- 250 ml (1 c) plain yoghurt
- 30 ml (2 T) protein whey powder, vanilla or strawberry flavour
- Blueberries to finish
- OATS MIXTURE Place the oats, chia seeds, cocoa, sugar or sweetener and rooibos powder in a large bowl and mix.
- Mix the almond milk and rooibos tea.
- Add the tea mixture to the oats mixture and stir well. Cover and leave overnight to soak.
- YOGHURT MIXTURE Mix the yoghurt and whey protein.
- Layer the oats mixture and yoghurt mixture in small glasses. Otherwise, stir and swirl the yoghurt mixture through the oats mixture in bowls.
- Finish with the berries.