Sorry, we couldn't find any products. Please try a different search.
THE HOME COLLECTION
LMC founder, Lize du Preez, née Mouton, is the inspiration behind this young brand, conceived in 2018. The beautifully packaged LMC Rooibos Tea Collection celebrates her South African roots, her love for tea, and a long family heritage of rooibos farming.
Rooibos used in the LMC Rooibos Collection is sustainably sourced from the Citrusdal valley where Lize grew up. Here, at the foothills of the Cederberg Mountains located in the Western Cape of South Africa, this valley is the gateway to the Rooibos Tea route which is the only region in the world where this miracle plant grows.
Each LMC collection, inspired by the original Rooibos Collection, is specially selected by Lize and handcrafted with care by expert collaborator brands.
The Home Collection features printed scatter cushions, table runners and napkins on a linen-look material that’s easy to wash and adds charm to any room or occasion.
Rooibos Health Benefits
- Rooibos is naturally completely caffeine-free (unlike black & green teas), sugar-free and preservative-free
- It contains natural antioxidants including aspalathin which combats several diseases
- Has proven cancer-fighting properties in animal research studies
- Can help to alleviate allergies and conditions like asthma and hay fever
- Helps to replace essential minerals, iron, potassium, zinc & sodium
- It's low in tannin and doesn’t interfere with iron absorption
- It has a soothing effect on the nervous system & recommended for people suffering from irritability, headaches, disturbed sleeping patterns, insomnia, nervous tension, mild depression or hypertension
- Excellent for hyperactive children, children can drink Rooibos from the age of 6 months old
- Stomach and indigestion problems like nausea, vomiting, heartburn, stomach ulcers and constipation are relieved by drinking black rooibos tea
- It's anti-spasmodic, alleviates colic and stomach cramps in babies
- It has a soothing effect on the skin, relieving itching and certain skin irritations like eczema, nappy rash and acne when directly applied to the affected area
- A unique phenolic compound found only in the Rooibos plant species, called aspalathin, may also help to improve blood glucose levels
Read more about the health benefits of Rooibos tea on the South African Rooibos Council website.
Rooibos is prepared with boiling water and cooled to 60 degrees Celsius for the best flavour. It can also be cooled down completely and served as an iced tea. Red Rooibos has a clear red cup infusion while our Green Rooibos has a light cup infusion.
Cold Brew Rooibos is prepared with cold water and steeped for 10 minutes or more for the best flavour and is a convenient “on-the-go drink”.
For the ultimate Rooibos experience, serve your tea in our teaware, which includes glass teapots and burners, double wall cups, cast iron teapots and travel cups.
Prefer to shop in-store?
You can find a list of our retail outlets and local stockists here. A selection of our Rooibos teas is available in most Dis-Chem, Checkers, Pick n Pay and Spar stores nationwide.