Since the deregulation of the Rooibos industry in 1993, Carmién Tea has established itself as producer and supplier of quality packaged Rooibos tea retail products in South Africa, one of the largest bulk tea exporters, and private label packer to many countries around the globe.
We are particularly known for our superior quality, freshness and exceptional taste and offer a large range of Rooibos products handcrafted to fulfill the requirements of each customer. We specialise in product development and source only the best natural ingredients from trusted suppliers to create tea blends that are not only great in flavor, but have specific health and functional benefits.
What makes Rooibos so special?
Rooibos tea, also known as “red bush tea,” is renowned for its rich flavor and numerous health benefits. Packed with antioxidants, minerals, and a wealth of nutrients, Rooibos is not your average tea. It’s caffeine-free, making it a perfect choice for those seeking a calming, yet refreshing alternative.
Rooibos is the first African food to receive the status of geographical indication (GI), granting it the Protected Designation of Origin (PDO) status. This status indicates that a product can only be called “Rooibos” if it is grown in any of the 16 regions within the Western and Northern Cape of South Africa.
We are privileged to offer this unique product to our international clients in the various options below.
All our products are available in bulk bags, vacuum packed or boxed, then packed on pallets and wrapped, ready to be delivered to clients across the globe.
Bulk products include: Rooibos, Honeybush, Buchu, Hoodia, Dried Fruit and a variety of other herbal tea blends and flavours. (All cuts and grades available on request).
- We offer red and green rooibos. Both come from the same plant but rooibos (red bush) goes through a fermentation (oxidation) process which turns the green leaves into a reddish brown colour and develops its distinctive aroma. Rooibos and green rooibos share many health benefits with green rooibos often preferred as it has a higher polyphenol content and therefore, higher antioxidant levels than fermented rooibos tea.
- All teas are graded and evaluated according to appearance, colour, sieve grading, density, taste and cup infusion.
- A Rooibos sensory wheel developed by the Department of Food Science, Stellenbosch, serve as a quality control and communication tool used by our product development team to identify positive and negative aroma attributes in each batch of rooibos ensuring a consistent taste standard at all times. Our master blender has to find the perfect balance in taste, aroma and mouthfeel in accordance with the Rooibos Sensory Wheel as well as visual appeal. We have a trained tasting panel doing daily tastings to ensure quality and taste continuity.
Due to high demand we offer private label rooibos products enabling clients to add new, tailor-made products to their existing stable of goods and
- Assist clients with the development and blending of unique blends using ingredients present in our own products.
- Assist in the sourcing of raw ingredients
- Private label eliminates the added expense of machinery or expensive development costs.
- Private label also gives clients access to our Carmién expertise and innovation built up over many years. While focused on the latest Rooibos research, great care is taken to continuously develop teas and tea products that are lifestyle enhancing and brand extensions, offering a more complete shopping experience to our customers.
- Transparency and sustainability are key Carmién principles therefore we have several certifications and accreditations and we get audited by these certification bodies on a regular basis. Our entire process is BRC Global Standard certified giving our brand an internationally recognised mark of food quality, safety and responsibility.
Private label products are subject to minimum order quantities. For any queries regarding private label products or information on procedures and lead times, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Carmién is known and loved for its extensive range of packed products covering every need from a classic hot cuppa to specific blends addressing health and lifestyle requirements. Our packaging reflect the latest design trends and are made from recyclable materials. We offer Rooibos teas as well as speciality Rooibos derived products. Amongst these are:
- natural and organic rooibos teas
- kiddies teas
- women and nursing teas
- wellness and detox teas
- flavour infused teas
- fruit & herbal infused pyramid teas
- cold brew teas and more
Carmién teas are available at retailers in the following regions: USA, Taiwan, Thailand, Singapore, Hongkong, Japan, UAE. Visit our website for a list of retailers.
Why choose our Rooibos Tea?
- Uncompromising Quality: Carmién Rooibos tea is sourced from reputable farms in GI-certified regions that uphold the highest standards of cultivation and processing. We prioritize quality at every step to ensure a pure and authentic tea experience.
- Convenient Bulk Packaging: We offer a variety of packaging options to suit your Rooibos needs.
- Versatile & Delicious: Rooibos tea is exceptionally versatile, making it an ideal base for various tea blends or a standalone comforting brew.
- Health & Wellness: Beyond its unique flavor and taste, Rooibos tea offers an array of health benefits. It’s believed to support digestion, boost the immune system, promote radiant skin, and contribute to overall well-being.
If you are interested in purchasing Carmién Rooibos in bulk, stocking our packaged ranges or creating your own blends, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.