In celebration of Father’s Day on the 19th of June, we asked our team to come up with the perfect cocktail for dad – the ultimate Old Fashioned, the Carmién way.
First you’ll prepare a Citrus Chai Rooibos & Honey Syrup:
- 3 Citrus Chai teabags
- 2 tablespoons Citrus Honey
- 200 ml Water
- Boil 200 ml water in a small pot and add the Citrus Chai teabags. Allow to brew for 5 min as water boils.
- Add Citrus Honey and stir to combine. Reduce the mixture by 50% with teabags still in, leaving +- 100 ml of liquid when done.
Now it’s time to make our Citrus Chai Old Fashioned Cocktail:
- 50 ml Whiskey
- 20 – 30 ml Rooibos & Honey Syrup
- 1 Orange/Naartjie Slice + optional squeeze of juice
- Start by adding ice to a tumbler glass.
- Add your Whiskey, Rooibos & Honey Syrup and a squeeze of citrus juice, then mix everything gently.
- Add the Orange/Naartjie slice into the glass to garnish.
- To adjust the sweetness in the cocktail without compromising the Rooibos Chai flavour, simply add more/less honey in your syrup.
- Optionally add extras such as Orange/Citrus Bitters (for a more traditional flavour) or a cinnamon stick for extra spice.